Everyone loves to snack, but we often resort to unhealthy food choices when we feel hunger pangs coming on! With fast food on every street corner, it can be hard to make the decision to not resort to eating something unhealthy when you are short on time, especially when you want something delicious to eat but just don’t have the time (and often the energy!) to make it.
That’s why we’ve compiled a couple of our favourite quick recipes to help you snack the right way this autumn. For all you busy people out there who need a couple of quick-fixes to take the edge off your appetite, we’ve got you covered.
You can never go wrong with meatballs! Easy as a snack on their own or as part of a buffet, why not double the portion you make so that you have more to put in the freezer later on?
This one is kid-friendly and so quick and easy to whip up when you’re hungry after work! Toss some broccoli into the mix, and prepare for a healthy, gluten-free and low-carbohydrate meal that the family will love.
1. Add the juice of ½ lemon and freshly ground black pepper to Massel concentrate
2. Toss chicken slices in it and marinate for about 20 minutes.
3. Take 500ml of water to the boil. Add broccoli florets and steam for 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with Massel Vegetable Stock Powder.
5. Stir-fry chicken slices on hot non-stick pan
6. Prepare Massel Gravy according to the instructions using the water you boiled the broccoli florets in instead of just water. Add to cooked chicken.
7. At the centre of serving plate place chicken in its sauce, surrounded by the broccoli.
An easy weekday family favourite, this soup is so simple to prepare and tastes like it has been simmering for hours.
Handy Hint: For a vegan/vegetarian version: substitute chicken with cubed tofu.
Itching to create one of these sumptuous dishes? Let us know on social media what kind of savoury snacks you’ve created!