Home Recipes Eggplant Parmigiana
Eggplant has been shown to help repair arteries from damaging cholesterol. Tomatoes, especially when cooked, contain lycopenes which are protective against certain cancers and promote prostate health.
1. Preheat oven to 200oC (400oF)
2. Put in one wide dish the flour, in a second one the breadcrumbs and in a third one combine egg, 1 teasp of Massel stock powder and water, beating lightly.
3. Dip each eggplant slice in flour, tap off excess, then dip into egg mixture to cover both sides. Let the excess egg drip off, then coat in breadcrumbs.
4. Cover a baking tray with baking paper, lightly oil it and place on it the breadcrumb coated eggplant in a single layer.
5. Bake, turning once, for 30 mins or so, until golden.
6. In a blender puree peeled tomatoes and the remaining stock powder.
7. In baking dish make one layer with the tomato mixture, then a layer of eggplant and one of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers finishing with tomatoes and mozzarella.
8. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
9. Bake for 20 mins or so until the cheese melts and becomes golden brown.