Meatloaf does not have to be that thing you give up when you are gluten-free. Instead of using bread crumbs as you would normally in meatloaf, we use tapioca. It binds the meat while keeping it moist. This recipe doesn’t even have eggs in it! This turkey meatloaf is healthy, but you won’t feel that you are sacrificing any of the comfort of the traditional recipe.
Make up a batch of Massel Gravy, which is also low-cal, to ladle over your turkey 9meatloaf. What an easy midweek meal or an inviting family meal on a leisurely weekend.
Preheat oven to 165C
1. In a bowl combine all the ingredients except the tomato sauce. Mix well.
2. Shape into a rectangle loaf on an un-greased sheet pan.
3. Spread the tomato sauce evenly on top.
4. Bake for approximately 90 minutes or until the internal temperature is 71C. (A pan of hot water in the oven under the meatloaf will keep the top from cracking.)
5. Serve hot with lots of Massel gravy, at room temperature, or cold in a sandwich.